JOSEPH D. GRANT PT, ATC, EDM
SUNY @ Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Major: Physical Therapy
M. SUNY @ Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Major: Exercise Science, Emphasis in Athletic Training
University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
Major: Physical Education
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment Certification – Level One
- Titleist: Level One TPI Certified
- Science Of Running Medicine, 2016 Spring Symposium, June 2016
- Titleist Performance Institute, Level One Certification, January 2016
- North American Sports Medicine Institute Selective Functional Movement Assessment, November 2015
- Ola Grimsby Institute Scientific Exercise Progressions for the Shoulder and Upper Quadrant, February 2015
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 15th Annual Course: From The weekend Warrior to the Elite Athlete, February 2014
- Graston Technique Advanced M2, March 2013
- Graston Technique M1, January 2013
- Advanced Concepts in Examination & Treatment of the Shoulder Complex, September 2012
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 12th Annual Winter Meeting, January 2012
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Association Conference & Symposium, January 2011
- Northern New England Athletic Training Conference, June 2011
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 11th Annual Winter Meeting, January 2011
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 7th Annual Symposium, September 2010
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 9th Annual Winter Meeting, January 2009
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Association Conference & Symposium, January 2009
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 5th Annual Symposium, September 2008
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal Institute 8th Annual Winter Meeting, January 2008
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Common Foot and Ankle Disorders, November 2007
- New Hampshire Musculoskeletal 4th Annual Symposium, September 2007
- S. U. N. Y. Upstate Medical Univ. 3rd Annual Spring Symposium, March 2007
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Assn. Conference and Symposium, January 2007
- PR Polestar Pilates Rehabilitation Principles, December 2006
- World Golf Fitness Summit, March 2006
- Mulligan Concept - Follow-up Course, Nags Snags and More, June 2005
- Mulligan Manual Therapy - An advanced Course, October 2004
- American Academy of Manual Physical Therapists, October 2004
- GoLo Golf Fitness Level 1, November 2004
- Back To Golf, Advanced Training Seminar, April 2003
- Back To Golf, A Biomechanical Approach to Performance, Fitness & Sportsmedicine for Golfers, November, 2002
- S-4 Functional Analysis & Management of Lumbo-Pelvic-Hip Complex, October, 2002
- Myokinematic Restoration Approach to Treatment of Lower Half Musculoskeletal Dysfunction, August, 2001
- Postural Restoration Approach to Treatment of Upper Half Musculoskeletal Dysfunction, March, 2001
- Protonics & Its influence of Pelvic-Femoral Instability & Anterior Knee Pain, June, 2000
- Back Reaction…Crossroads Reaction, April, 2000
- Panther Sports Medicine: The Knee, A New Millennium, May, 2000
- Rebuilding the Complete Athlete, April, 1999
- Functional Exercise Training and Rehabilitation, December, 1998
- Segmental Stabilization Training, September, 1998
- Certification and Manual Therapy Review, December, 1997
- The Mulligan Concept MWM's and other Techniques, April, 1997
- S-2 Advanced Thoracic, Lumbar and Pelvic Spine Evaluation and Treatment, December, 1996
- McConnell Approach to the Shoulder, Oct., 1996
- E-1 Extremity Evaluation and Manipulation, April, 1996
- MF 1 Myofascial Manipulation, December, 1995
- S-3 Advanced Evaluation and Manipulation of the Cranio-Facial Region and Upper Thoracic Spine, July, 1995
- S-1 Introduction to Spinal Evaluation and Manipulation, May, 1995
- Scapular Reaction, May, 1994
- Chain Reaction Plus, March, 1994
- Clinical Concepts of Foot Evaluation and Management, January, 1994
- Team Reaction, November, 1992, 1993
- Physical Examination of the Musculoskeletal System, August, 1992
- Manual Therapy for the Lumbo Pelvic Girdle, April - August, 1992
- Muscle Energy for the Lower Quadrant, July, 1991
- Acted as a resource for other therapist for closed chain rehabilitation and mechanical low back pain.
- Spoke to various community groups on topics ranging from back care, overuse injuries, Parkinson's Disease and other topics related to physical therapy.
- Coordinated and oversaw all aspects of establishing a satellite clinic, with a pool program.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement rehabilitation programs for patients and athletes.
- Introduce medical residents and interns to physical therapy, Beth Israel Hospital.
- Planned, designed and implemented the first athletic training program at Stratton Mt. School.
- Directed athletic training program in a local high school.
- Provide medical coverage for athletic events.
- Lectured in both graduate and undergraduate courses on running injuries and their care.
- Taught high school level biology, exercise physiology, and sports medicine.
- Initiated the development of a High School Outreach Program.
- Developed and carried out yearly budgets.
- Supervised and instructed physical therapy and athletic training interns.
- Coordinator of Physical Therapist Station, Boston Marathon, 1996.
- Completed successful JCAHO survey
|1997 - 2014||Owner/Director Back To Action Physical Therapy
|1997 - 2004||Owner/Director Back To Action Physical Therapy
|1998 - 2003||Head Athletic Trainer & Physical Therapist
Green Mt. Valley School, Waitsfield, Vermont
|1994 - 1997||Porter Medical Center, Middlebury, VT
Director Rehabilitation Department
|1993 - 1994|| Porter Medical Center, Middlebury, VT
Physical Therapist /Athletic Trainer
|1991 - 1992||Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
Physical Therapist II / Athletic Trainer
|1990 - 1991||Lowell Dracut Physical Therapy, Lowell, MA
Physical Therapist / Athletic Trainer
|1989 - 1990||Charles River Sports Therapy West, Wellesley,
Physical Therapist / Athletic Trainer
|1990||Boston Bolts Soccer Team , Wellesley, MA
Head Athletic Trainer / Physical Therapist
|1986 - 1987||Hamilton College, Clinton, NY
Assistant Athletic Trainer
|1984 - 1986||SUNY @ Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
|1981 - 1983||Stratton Mt. School, Stratton, VT
Athletic Trainer and Teacher
Patellofemoral Pain & Medial Joint Line Pain Taping Technique
NATA NEWS, April, 2011
AC Joint Taping
NATA NEWS, July, 2009
Modified Lateral Patella Pain Syndrome Stretch
NATA NEWS, May, 2008
Increase Running Speed through Effective use of the Shoulders
Gambetta Sports Training Systems, April, 2003
Revised Taping for Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
NATA NEWS, May, 2002
Taping for Medial Soleus Syndrome
Athletic Training. Spring, 1990
Max Vo2: A significant physiological parameter that can be measured and monitored to maximize performance
The Journal of Professional Ski Coaching and Instruction. May, 1984
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Current Techniques for the Manual Physical Therapist, Copley Hospital, November 2015
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Upper Quadrant, 1996
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Lower Quadrant, 1995
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Upper Quadrant, September, 1994
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Upper Quadrant, February 1994
Advanced Manual Therapy for the Upper and Lower Quadrants, September 1993
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Lower Quadrant, May 1993
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Upper Quadrant, June 1992
Muscle Energy Techniques for the Cervical Spine, April 1992
"Strength & Flexibility Training for the Volunteer Fireman"
Warren Volunteer Fire Department, February 2009
"Back Injury Prevention and Proper Lifting Techniques"
Mad River Valley Ambulance Service, February 2009
"ACL Injury Prevention Training"
Sugarbush Ski School and Ski Patrol, November 2007, November 2008
"ACL Injury Prevention Training"
Mad River Glen Ski School and Ski Patrol, November 2007, November 2008
"Chi Walking and Health"
Mad River Valley Health Center, July 2007
"Balance and the Elderly"
Central Vermont Home Health and Hospice, June 2007
"Strength and Balance to Stay Healthy"
Mad River Valley Rotary, March 2006
"Preseason Strength and Conditioning for Instructors and Patrollers"
Ski Injury Symposium, Mid Vermont Orthopedics, October 2001
"Orthopedic Physical Therapy"
Medical Grand Rounds, Porter Medical Center, May 2001
"Muscle Energy Techniques in the Clinical Setting"
Graduate Program, Univ of Vermont, November 1996
"Physical Therapy, its role in alternative health care"
"Alternative Health Care in Vermont"
Organized by Rep. Bernie Sanders, January 1996
"Low Back Pain and Dysfunction"
Orthopedic Grand Rounds, Porter Medical Center, October 1995
"Functional Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy"
Orthopedic Grand Rounds, Porter Medical Center, May 1994
"Closed Chain Rehabilitation of the Lower Extremity"
Orthopedic Grand Rounds, Beth Israel Hospital, March 1992
Dracut Cable Television, May, 1991
"When to See Your Doctor"
Needham High School, March, 1990
"Physical Therapy and the Parkinson's Patient"
Newton / Wellesley Parkinson Support Group, November, 1990
"Vascular Adjustments to Cryotherapy Treatment in the Forearm"
National Athletic Trainers Association, National Meeting. June, 1987
American Physical Therapy Association, National Meeting. July, 1987
Proper Running Technique with the Mad River Path Association 2007 & 2008
Committee Member, VT APTA Golf Tournament 2006-2008
Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist: U.S. Alpine Skiing Championship, March 2001
Massachusetts Governors Council on Sport Physical Fitness
Medical Tent Director: Boston Marathon 1996
Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist: Boston Marathon, 1987-1998